Monday, July 20, 2009

Summer, summer, summer

What can I say? Spring arrived and we flung doors and windows wide and no matter how hard I try, I cannot stay inside. Right before the weather made its magical turn from icy winter to spring to . . . well, okay, we're breaking 70-year records for how cold it is, but it's STILL summer . . . right before that, I was making major progress on my YA novel and working on this collage. I finally finished the commissioned Story Storage cabinet (yeah!) and a major overhaul of my studio space. (I think it counts as "spring cleaning" when the temperatures are still in the 50s even though it's JULY, don't you?)

Hoarse as a crow (mixed media collage on stretched
canvas; 30"X40")

So far, I haven't taken my artwork outside, unless you count the container vegetable garden gracing our decks or the flower gardens in our back yard. I am happy to report, however, that I have been able to take my writing outdoors. So there's still hope of getting a draft of the YA manuscript I'm working on done by the end of the summer. 

I promise to be better about posting!  Whoa . . . I have to go . . . there's a rabbit munching on the mock orange  . . .  

2 comments:

Sarah Laurenson said...

Darn rabbit. I was really enjoying reading your post.

Best of luck with the YA draft! Hope it all comes together. Wish we had your temps here. We're about double that now.

Anonymous said...

That crow is beautiful, definitely makes an impact and adds symbolism.